Update 13. February
We are currently suspending the call for applications. We are very excited that more than 50 applications have been submitted, which we are now reviewing. Please come back often to our website, as we will have another job opening for a second Project Manager coming up late summer. In addition, we are will accept applications for internships coming up soon.
Job opportunity for a Project Manager Europe
Our team is expanding, are you looking for:
- exciting work in the field of wilderness protection?
- working with a great multicultural team?
- being outdoors in the nature?
- develop multinational projects in a team environment?
- project work all across Europe?
- attend conferences as a presenter and advocate for Wilderness?
- travel within Europe in order to assist local NGOs?
- learn how the EU functions in our Brussels office?
- training to become a wilderness expert and advocate?
- write project proposals for donors and institutions as well as nature conservation programmes?
Welcome in the European Wilderness Society team
The European Wilderness Society is the only Pan-European, wilderness and environmental advocacy non-profit non-government organization with a dedicated multi-cultural and very experienced professional team of wilderness and wildlife specialists, nature con-servationists, researchers and scientists, tourism experts, marketing and business professionals, legal advisors and wilderness advocates whose mission is to identify, designate, manage promote Europe´s last wild areas, old growth forests, wild rivers and wild marinas and of course wilderness.
As part of our team, you will work with flexible working hours and with high self-responsibility in a family-friendly work environment of an idealistic, social, international, dynamic team. You will participate on regular know-how transfer in an international network of nature conservation, legal, marketing, social media and wilderness experts as part of your continuous personal training.
We are looking for you:
It would be great if you would have a degree in biology or similar field of expertise, be flexible, of any age as long as you feel young, be proficient in English as a second language or even better as your first language, have extensive experience using social media, drop box, office 2016 and adobe products, have experience in writing exposes and research papers and it would be perfect if you would also have experience with Interreg, Life, DBU, BMLFUW, EFRE or any other support programmes.
You would work right in the middle of Europe, in Tamsweg, the capital of an Austrian biosphere reserve, but also all over Europe 75% of your time for:
- Project development based on requests by Interreg, Life, DBU, BMLFUW, EFRE or any other support programme
- International Project management
- Organization of conferences and trainings
About 25% of your time your focus will be on the following tasks:
- Promoting and communicating of the wilderness idea as a speaker at international conferences
- Implementing the strategy for Wilderness according to the European Wilderness Preservation System and the European Wilderness Quality Standard and Audit System
- field work for certification of Wilderness
- Development of management plans for Wilderness
- Payment-based on project basis and preferably full-time, including Christmas bonus payments
- 5 weeks of paid holiday per year
- Company cars are available. You must have a valid driving license and a passport. A probationary grace period is agreed upon.
Download & Links