30 September Europe´s most profound wilderness advocates will again convene in the National Park Gesäuse in Austria to discuss the latest on Wilderness in Europe.Speakers from all across Europe will present such interesting topics as:
- Wilderness Restoration
- Wilderness Connectivity and trans-boundary wilderness
- The Schengen Passport for large carnivores to support wilderness
- Wilderness and Sustainable Tourism in the Carpathians
- Best Practice and Capacity Building for Wilderness Managers
- Natura 2000 in Wilderness Areas
- How to engage the Next Generation in Wilderness Protection
- and much more…
We will also experience in three day long hiking excursions how wild areas are turning slowly to wilderness in the National Park Gesäuse.
Vlado Vancura, Director of Wilderness Development, will present the results of the three European Wilderness Quality Standards Audits this year in three completely different habitats from primeval beech forests, to glacial landscapes to alpine mixed forests.
pictures of the European Wilderness Academy Days 2014 in Hohe Tauern Nationalpark ! For all details concerning programme, registration and accommodation please visit the Website of the European Wilderness Academy Days.and do not miss Europe´s most interesting wilderness conference in 2015! See the
If you have an interesting topics you would like to present at the Wilderness Academy Days please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.