In celebration of 2019 being the Year of Wilderness, we are running a Wild photo competition! Entry is free and open to anyone, so what are you waiting for? Submit your wildest photos below!
The competition is open until 31st May 2019. Voting will be a combination of the public and a jury. Select your favourite for each category and the jury will select the winners from top 10 voted photos.Voting will end 21 June 2019 24:00.
The grand prize is a free ticket to take part in WILDArt 2019 in Majella National Park, Italy. Additional prizes for each category are:
- First Prize – Two days in the breathtaking High Tatra National Park, with a local Wilderness guide and overnight stay in a mountain cabin.
- Second Prize – A signed copy of ‘Vlado’s Wildest Places’ book and T-shirt
- Third Prize – European Wilderness Society gift package, including a t-shirt, coffee mug and hardcover edition of all our Wilderness Briefs.
Terms and Conditions of Participation – Let’s get Wild Photo Contest
By submitting their entries, the Participants accept the terms and conditions given below.
Participation and Copyright
- The Participant will grant the organiser (European Wilderness Society) all non-exclusive rights under the creative commons license attribution-non-commercial-noderivatives 4.0 international license agreement CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Therefore, the photos can be shared freely in any medium or format, with appropriate credit given. The photos will not be used for commercial purposes, or modified for distribution.
- The Participant confirms to be the rightful owner of any and all property rights related to the uploaded or sent photos. The Organiser is not responsible for any copyright violating entries. Any breach of copyright lies within the sole responsibility of the Participant.
- The Participant shall be responsible for the accuracy of the required information, especially the e-mail address. The Organiser shall assume no liability for incomplete or inaccurate information.
- The Participant confirms that any person possibly appearing in the photos have given their permission for the use of their images.
- The Organiser reserves the right to pre-select photos for the online voting and put on the website only those photos which were approved by the staff or jury members.
- If any ethical concerns or the suspect of cheating in the mode of voting arise, we reserve the right to exclude the Participant from the contest without any further notice.
Winners and Prizes
- The Organiser retains the exclusive right to choose the winners.
- The registration and the uploading of photos is possible until 31.5.2019. The voting is possible until 21.6.2019.
- The award winner prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or other prizes. The prize is indivisible and can only be accepted as such.
- The award winners will be informed on how to collect their prize upon notification of winning by the Organiser.
- If the winner does not contact the Organiser providing the required information to receive the prize or the confirmation to have understood the collection modality within a period of fifteen days of having received notification, the winner forfeits the prize and a substitute winner shall be determined according to the same process.
- The winner has the right to refuse the prize by making a written declaration. In this case, the winner forfeits the prize and a substitute winner shall be determined.
- If a prize is a trip, there can be no claim for a fixed travel date unless the date is already stated in the description of the prize. If the winner does not take the trip at the fixed terms and conditions, he/she forfeits the prize. The respective winner is solely responsible for having any necessary travel documents and equipment.
- Costs of the trip which are not expressly stated in the respective description of the prize(e.g. travel and transfer costs, spending money, increased expenses for meals, telephone, insurance, taxes etc.) must be borne by the respective winner.
- The respective winner must bear any incidental costs resulting from a prize.
- The Organiser reserves the right to interrupt or shut down the photo contest at any time without stating the reasons.Especially reasons involving technology and/or legal matters, as a result of which the photo contest can no longer be properly conducted, can be the basis for the end of the photo contest.
- Legal recourse is excluded. Only relevant Austrian law applies.
- The participant should never do anything to injure or disturb any animal, or destroy their habitat, when taking a photograph.
- Participants are responsible for complying with any national or international legislation governing the country in which the photo has been taken.