The deadline for sending your application is now closed. The next call will take place in winter 2018-2019. Keep an eye on our website, or register for our newsletter to stay up to date.
Are you committed to help the European Wilderness, and are you looking for a wild adventure? Then we have an interesting position for you! We are looking for a wilderness dedicated man or woman, between 18 and 30 years old, with very good English language skills and who is willing to express their personal commitment towards wilderness through a full-time voluntary service for a duration of 3 to 12 months. This opportunity is made possible by the European Voluntary Service and European Solidarity Corps from Erasmus+.
Apply now and become our new Erasmus+ Volunteer for 2019!
With us, you will work from our main office in Tamsweg, beautifully located in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Salzburger Lungau in the Alps. You will enjoy flexible working hours and with high self-responsibility in a family-friendly working environment of an idealistic, social, international, dynamic team. You will be part of regular know-how transfer in an international network of experts as a personal training. You will be part of our pan-European dedicated multi-cultural and very experienced professional team of wilderness and wildlife specialists, nature conservationists, researchers and scientists, tourism experts, marketing and business professionals, legal advisors and wilderness advocates.
You will have time and support to do your own project and to learn more about the Austrian culture. Despite possible difference in social, cultural and educational background, you should be open to a multi-cultural approach and informal learning within the European Wilderness Society and be willing to become a real team member.
The European Wilderness Society is open to all kinds of volunteers. By being a volunteer at the European Wilderness Society however, the volunteer should take into account that the office is in the second floor and an elevator is only planned by the house owner, but not constructed yet at the moment of writing.
Your skills and requirements
You should also be aware that the primary language for communication within the team is English. A certain physical ability is required to join the field trips.
Furthermore, a valid passport is needed to accompany European Wilderness Society on pan-European trips, including Ukraine as well as proper vaccinations. The European Wilderness Society is able to support volunteers with financial obstacles, details can be discussed during the application process.
- have multiple learning opportunities – professional, language-wise, and personal development,
- be involved with many cultures of the team members and their home countries Spain, Ukraine, Slovakia, Italy, and Germany, where subsidiaries of European Wilderness Society are located,
- be exposed to the languages of these countries and their culture, in addition the communication language of European Wilderness Society will be English.
Become a team member and you will:
- be introduced into our online and offline communication tools, in order to write own articles and postings about nature, wilderness, and sustainable tourism with the support of the team,
- also use these tools to communicate about the volunteer experience.
With the support of the team, you will:
- assist in project developments and event management
- do research on different topics and file it in the Wilderness Database for our European Wilderness Network,
- organise and implement online and offline communication strategies
- assist in our social media campaigns
You will be able to:
- accompany the European Wilderness Society team on our educational tour,
- join the European Wilderness Society team on field trips,
- assist on international Wilderness audits,
- help with organizing of events and activities in our international projects,
- write articles for our journals and other publications.
- The European Wilderness Society will assist you in finding a place or guest family for the time of the volunteer’s stay.
- A company car will be available upon request and a company bicycle as well as support for public transport tickets can be arranged if necessary.
- Every European Wilderness Society team member benefits from a special health and travel insurance for international travel, that will also apply for the volunteer.
- The office provides the volunteer with an AUVA proofed working space. All the necessary software can be provided to fulfill tasks during the stay. Free wifi will be accessible for the volunteer during office hours, also for private use.
Are you ready to get WILD? Apply now and become our new Erasmus+ Volunteer for 2019!
- Application deadline September 14th, 2018
- Volunteer period starts January – February 2019
- Duration 3 – 12 months
Send us your Europass CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the letter (max. 2 pages A4), please include information about yourself, your background, why you would like to become a volunteer at the European Wilderness Society, and what you hope to learn.
If we receive numerous applications, only a selected group of applicants can be interviewed via Skype, phone or chats.
Let’s get Wild!
The European Wilderness Society team
If you have any other question, contact us at email@example.com
A short FAQ about volunteering with us can be found here.