Synevyr National Nature Park in Ukraine is suffering, like many other protected areas, under the increasing pressure of visitors. Single-use plastic ends up in the rivers, people dump full garbage bags in the UNESCO World Heritage forest, and visitors are doing their toilet-business behind trees. Local villages still lack a proper waste management system too. As a result, the waste is destroying the nature and threatening its beautiful wildlife! The Synevyr Park Management is struggling with this problem, so the European Wilderness Society is going to help. But we need your vote!
Our project idea has been selected for public voting by the European Outdoor Conservation Association. Only the project idea with the most votes gets funding, so please help us win this project!
For last 20 years we have been struggling with the increasing amount of waste. Our main river Tereblya turns into a landfill. We urgently need education and clean up actions, and improve our waste management system. Please support our project and vote for “Clean up Synevyr National Nature Park, Ukraine”!
What is “Clean Up Synevyr National Nature Park, Ukraine”?
We will work together with the Synevyr Park Management, local communities, authorities and visitors to do a lot of good things. With your vote we can:
- Start our garbage clean up event along 45km of trails and rivers in Synevyr.
- Place new eco-toilets so that people do not do their toilet-business in the valuable forest.
- Build clear signs to inform visitors and locals where to leave their garbage.
- Install new waste bins to collect the garbage.
- Teach locals about sustainable waste management.
- Offer visitors a discount when they take garbage out of the park with them!
Synevyr National Nature Park needs your help
Synevyr has been a paradise for outdoor lovers for many years. Yet, tourism volume is increasing rapidly, with 200 000 visitors annually.
- People camp illegally along the Tereblya river banks, which are now filled with plastic and food waste.
- Illegal fire pits in Synevyr forests are full with metal and glass that can injure the wild bears, deer and other animals.
- People are leaving behind garbage bags and toilet-business in the forest, which can spread diseases and contaminate ground water.
This brings the ecosystems and wildlife in serious danger, urgent action is needed!
Vote now and let us restore the outdoor paradise of Synevyr National Nature Park together!