- Project programme: Creative Europe
- Project budget: € 320.000(of which 60 % from an EU grant
- European Wilderness Society budget: € 21 920.00
- Start date: 01/06/2017
- End date: 31/05/2019
- Project website: https://areasofinspiration.eu
- More information: WILDArt 2018: Synevyr Ukraine
The project “Areas of Inspiration” has been selected from 430 applications and received financial support from the European Union within the programme Creative Europe – the largest EU direct funding source for the cultural sector in Europe. The project was managed by the Slovak-based Association of Nature Conservation – Machaon International and jointly implemented the two-year project with its national partners in Slovakia (Annogallery and Obec Ganovce), in the Czech Republic (National Institute of Folk Culture and MAS Straznicko), in Estonia (Muusa Kapriis MTU) in Austria and Ukraine (European Wilderness Society) in Ukraine (National Nature Park Synevyr and Museum-reserve Tustan).
The main idea of the project Areas of Inspiration is to encourage mobility of artists and creative people into the countryside as a source of their inspiration, while at the same time making use of their creative work to enhance local development (tourism), nature conservation and cultural heritage through international collaboration and promotion of the beauties of wild nature and rich folk culture of rural areas through works of art.
As part of the project “Areas of Inspiration” the European Wilderness Society hosted a WILDArt, a Plein Air Art event in the Synevyr Wilderness in 2018. Selected works of the artists were presented in public exhibitions in Austria and Italy. Another exhibition is planned after the Covid Pandemic.
Areas of Inspiration Synevyr WILDArt
- Association for Nature Conservation – Machaon International, Slovakia
- Annogallery, Slovakia
- Obec Ganovce, Slovakia
- National Institute of Folk Culture, Czech Republic
- MAS Straznicko, Czech Republic
- Muusa Kapriis MTU, Estonia
- European Wilderness Society, Ukraine
- National Nature Park Synevyr, Ukraine
- Museum-reserve Tustan, Ukraine
Areas of Inspiration Project Results
- 115 artists from 12 countries participated in 12 Areas of Inspiration art events in the project areas and were inspired by the beautiful and wild places for their creative work and in many cases new possibilities to showcase their art-works were created
- 200 quality art-works were produced and further presented to wider auditory including in Italy, Austria, Slovakia and Estonia
- 50 000 + people, 30+ masters and 400+ musicians engaged in different art-events supported by the project
- Art-events brought new impulses for the development and enhance local life in 6 villages by creating art objects enriching the rural space and attracting international visitors
- 300 young people were engaged by a series of 5 summer camps and 12 art workshops
- 9 local cultural operators enhanced their capacity by active exchange of skills and experiences far beyond the countries of the Areas of Inspiration project via 15 study and exchanging visits and joint work
Areas of Inspiration Project Area
Subscribe to our newsletter!