- Project donors: Embassy of Australia in Ukraine through the Direct Aid Program
- Project budget: 15 825.00 Euros equivalent
- European Wilderness Society budget: 4 838.00 Euros equivalent
- Start date: 30/11/2016
- End date: 31/05/2017
- More information: One of the main project outputs is Educational Wild 5 Journal. 1500 copies of the Journal were successfully distributed in Ukraine among schools, protected areas, other educational institutions, NGOs
The project objective is to enhance sustainability through protecting the environment, introducing and applying effective environmental education tools, promoting outdoor activities and raising awareness about nature heritage and climate change effects.
Main activities within the project are:
- Main activities within the project are:
- Developing of educational materials for children about environment protection including issues of sustainable development, climate change, national parks, reducing garbage, volunteerism, Wilderness, eco-tourism
- Educational outdoor tables promoting “leave no trace” concept (reducing of garbage, particularly in nature)
- Leaflet about ecological activities in the Carpathian National Nature Park
- Table game “Travel through Carpathian National Nature Park”, including elements of available tourism eco-trails of Carpathian National Nature Park
- Conducting a training-presentation of the module and developed educational materials, an excursion to the nature-discovery trail “To the Huk Waterfall”
Historically, the Carpathian National Nature Park suffered several times from floods – well-known effects of climate change. For instance, one of its famous attractions, the Huk Waterfall, was created due to intensive floods in 1696. Subsequently the trail to the Huk Waterfall has become a good example of the impact of climate change on the ecosystems. As a result of a variety of natural landscapes, flora and fauna, unique outcrops and diversity; the trail to the Huk Waterfall is widely used for ecological education and scientific purposes.
In conclusion, this project will contribute to the education of visitors, particularly children, to the Carpathian National Nature Park. Key focus is on the environmental issues and effective educational tools for environmental educators proposed.
Please also read: Carpathian Sustainable Tourism Centre Ukraine
- European Wilderness Society
- Eco-play and
- Carpathian National Nature Park (Ukraine)