Today Iryna and Valik participated in the scientific-practical conference “Three “T” for Transcarpathia: Tourism, Technologies, Transport” in Uzhhorod, Ukraine.
Conference, involving authorities, NGOs, scientists, educators, tourism experts, touroperators and green guesthouse owners, consisted of three panel discussions:
- Sustainable development of the Carpathians – guarantee of the tourism sector development
- Tourism development through promotion of cultural-historical and art facilities
- Tourism trends: competitiveness and innovation
A separate point of the discussion was dedicated to the implementation of the Strategy for Sustainable Tourism Development in the Carpathians and cooperation with the Carpathian Sustainable Tourism Center in Ukraine. Valik and Iryna informed participants about:
- advantages of the implementation of this Strategy particularly in Ukraine and in cooperation with other Carpathian countries,
- current state of the Center´s work,
- results of the 9th Meeting of the Carpathian Convention Sustainable Tourism Working Group,
- Web-site of the Carpathian Sustainable Tourism Platform
- supportive data-bases of the Carpathian tourism projects, Financial instruments and Handbooks.
The work of the European Wilderness Society towards designation and strengthening of the European Wilderness Network was positively emphasized by the Regional Department of Environment.
Besides importance of tourism flows regulation and measurement of their impacts to nature as well as integrated management plans for protected areas, where expertize of European Wilderness Society is supportive, were highlighted.