While everyone is slowing getting into the Christmas feeling, the European Wilderness Society team has scheduled many meetings at the end of a busy year 2017.
- 21 – 24 November the European Wilderness Society team met in the Biosphere reserve Lungau and held its quarterly team meeting.
- On 25 November several of our team met with deputy Director of the Hohe Tauern Wilderness in Mittersill.
- Also on 25 November our Chairman attended the Salzburg Conference on Sustainable Tourism.
- On 29 November we visited Dosenmoor in Schleswig-Holstein.11
- Between 2 -4 December, we are participating on the Island Vilm in the Workshop of the European Beech Forest Network and present our new European Beech Forest Quality Standard.
- On 5 December, we are meeting with the Director of the Nationalpark Jasmund and Nationalpark Vorpommersche Boddenlandschaft.
- On 6 December we are meeting the Director of the Nationalpark Müritz.
- On 8 December we are meeting with the Director of the Nature Reserve Königsbrücker Heide to get an update on his efforts toward an IUCN 1b certification.
- Also on 8 December, we are participating in a workshop of the Slovak Nature Conservancy on Wilderness in Slovakia.
- on 12 December we are meeting in Vienna with the Sustainable Working Group of the Carpathians.
- On 13 December, we are meeting our colleagues from Ukraine in Vienna.
And then we are stopping for a few days and go hiking in one of our favourite wild areas in Europe: The High Tatras…