We are looking for dedicated young people, between the age of 18-30 to join the European Wilderness Society in out main office in Tamsweg, the heart of the beautiful UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Salzburger Lungau in the Austrian Alps. Here is your chance to get busy, volunteer with an enthusiastic team to protect nature and start a Wild adventure!
If you have been following us for a while, you might know that we are regularly looking for fresh volunteer faces to join our team, and this team definitely knows how to find inspiration and stay active. It is likely your time to apply now, if you:
- have a good knowledge of English language and preferably a good understanding of German
- would like to contribute to the goals of a wilderness and environmental advocacy organisation
- are fascinated by Wilderness and enjoy spending time in the outdoors
- are up for a challenge
The tasks you will be working on include:
- getting involved in writing online and offline publications about nature, Wilderness and wildlife
- assisting the project team in the management and implementation of projects
- assisting in the organisation and communication of offline events as well as online webinars and trainings
- joining the team on field trips and educational tours
If you’re interested in how volunteering with us looks like, visit The Wilderness Diary
These volunteer opportunities offers financial support from the European Union. More information can be found on the Interreg Volunteer Youth website for details on short-term volunteering and the European Solidarity Corps website for details on long-term volunteering.
Our team multi-cultural and experienced team consists of passionate people from various different fields: Wilderness and wildlife specialists, nature conservationists, researchers and scientists, tourism experts, marketing and business professionals, legal advisors and Wilderness advocates. Therefore, prior experience in the field of nature conservation is not a prerequisite, let us know what You can bring to the table!
Please fill out the application form below, The deadline for applying is 31st of July.